<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6566853\x26blogName\x3d1%25+inspiration\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://patke.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://patke.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8220196945898414734', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Archives
Subscribe


Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yesterday I was singing bings praises and today I am regretting it. Yesterday, I said the two things I liked about Bing are the lack of distractions and the graphic image. ...well, I was wrong.

Bings graphic image today is a tropical paradise.



I am at work! The last thing I want to see is a picture of a perfect tropical island!

Seriously. Show me a picture of a motherboard. ...maybe this needs to be configurable?

Permalink
Comments:

 
Hmmm, we may be different :)

For me, seeing a nice picture at work may actually increase my potential!

But I understand your point, thinking that "It would be nice to travel to that island".

However, if I (or you) just admire the picture, I think it can be a good thing.

PS: I think I can do this now, because I'm just after some short vacation :-), maybe I'll need to retract this comment a few time later!

 
Let me know what happens when you come back from work and decided to search for "ssh algorithm details" and see a perfect tropical island. If you don't spend the next hour looking at satellite photos of perfect south pacific islands - I'll be impressed. :-)

 
Ah, you got your point :-) I do lose time myself doing stuff like that, from time to time.

What I wanted to underline as a difference is that I don't have an urge to go there, which was my impression for your case.

Anyway, even if we lost 1 hour looking at those pictures, this saves time and money (against visiting it in real life), and moreover, as I said, after admiring it, one can get even more potential for the next work time, because the soul has been fed ;-)

Post a Comment